In addition, it is possible to enable drag and drop column resizing:
- It works with fixed column width (the width is specified in pixels) and in auto mode (the width is specified in percent).
- If you display a hierarchy of columns, the width must be specified for the bottom level.
- You can resize parents as well - the calendar will resize column children proportionally.
- In the auto column width mode, the calendar columns on the right will be resized as well so that the total is 100%.
- It can be used in combination with drag and drop column moving.
This feature is available since version 2022.3.5381.
How it works
- Column resizing needs to be enabled using columnResizeHandling property (set the value to "Update").
- The calendar will fire onColumnResize and onColumnResized events when you stop dragging the splitter.
- In onEventResized handler, you can read the new calendar column widths from columns.list and store them for future use.
- The calendar check the minimum width of a column and it will not let you make the column smaller. The minimum width is specified using columnWidthMin property (in pixels).